the grocery store...


When I come thru those first set of doors and grab a shopping cart, I am filled with promise. Cupcakes, hamburger buns or milk - the decision is mine. That I still feel this way after all these years is telling.

What we have experience over the years, stays with us. We learn to co-exist together. It's not about having a coming to Jesus moment and poof, it is gone. Sometimes I think the new life He offers us - we interpret as completely different - everything is erased. I'm not so sure - I think as He shares more and more of His nature, its about how to co-exist with what we already know.

There is no doubt that parts of me, I no longer value and because of that, are of no interest or value to me but there are too many other areas of my life, that are just as strong as they have always been. I remember church people tellingme that I was going to have a New Life. Everything would change and when it didn't, I thought I was doing Something wrong.

The grocery store icon is perfect for me. It keeps me humble and childlike. I would love to say I always make healthy choices when I shop but there are days my cart runneth over with Hostess, Hershey and Godiva. The older I get the more I appreciate the past I have. It makes me more and more grateful everyday for the life I have today and oh, so hopeful for tomorrow...