the Jerry Seinfeld of my world...


Not only is it my desire to make others laugh, it is essential that I make myself laugh. Laughter has gotten me thru the worst moments in my life. It may not have always been appropriate but it was life-saving to my mental health. I have had to ask for forgiveness at times and I'm sure there will be more to come.

A heartfelt belly laugh complete with tears is one of the best medicines around. For me, something that has moved me to that point of uncontrollable laughter is as healing as any needle and thread. You wipe away the tears, your stomach hurts but you are grinning from ear to ear. It makes me smile just thinking about it.

My favorite joke has the f word in it. I can't help it. It has been my favorite joke for 40 years. God and I have had many conversations about it. He know that everytime I hear it in my head, it makes me laugh. I will tell you it involves an old lady and chocolate ice cream. Coming to Christ at 25 brings it own baggage - and God knows, I love carrying around a good purse.

I would have loved to be a stand-up comedian but I also have that superhero desire. That would never work in Real Life. Look at Superman, he had plenty of funny material and he just let it go. Maybe he ran it by those adoptive parents of his and it fell on deaf ears. If I remember correctly, they were always portrayed as quite dowdy. Superman had to have noticed when he looked in the mirror that there was very little family resemblance and decided to focus on the difficult work of saving the world instead of making it laugh.

I feel better already - it is going to be a fine day. The wedding cake layout made me happy. It made my DH do bellylaugh. He loves that about me - that part that makes him crazy is when I jump out of bed at 6am and have a monologue ready to go and deliver it while he is trying to get dressed for work. Living with me is a curse, I tell ya. Find time for a little laugh today, take 1 twice a day for the rest of your life..