Happy Valentines Day...


1230AM - the phone rings. It is DH work. He has to go in. He has a little time after putting in a 12 hours shift but because he worked midnite to noon, they forgot to tell him that he would have to come back in the eraly AM.

He walks in the door at 500am and I decide that instead of the extra hour of sleep, I would get up early and get ready for the day early so he would not have a bit of sleep before I started making noise. We talked a little - I quizzed him about what day of the week it was. It's a game we play when our week is crazy and we think it is trying to drag us along. He knew it was Wednesday - I congratulated him, we laughed. He got in bed and I started to dry my hair.

I finished up as fast as I could and headed for the kitchen. There on the table was my valentine. For as many years as I can remember, on Valentine's Day, birthday and anniversaries - there is a hand-drawn little card who reminds me that I am loved. He always delivers his message on a piece of white copy paper, folded in quarters. His Valentine message to me was about how I am the woman and DH is a lucky man...

This is Valentine's Day to me. I wouldn't trade my little man cards for anything. Nothing that DH could have bought me at the mall could come close to making me smile. I am always wondering how the little guys is doing and this year, he was peeking out of the o in Woman...

Don't need chocolates or flowers. To have a Valentine is the greatest gift to me. If you have one, be ever so grateful. If you don't, find someone to give a little love to. I can't help but think about one of our digi girls whose sister was murdered by her boyfriend on Valentine's Day. What a difficult legacy to live with. Whatever circumstances you are in today, make it work for you. Don't get caught up in the details - remember the Big Picture! Happy Valentines Day...