the details...




Watching Bill Maher on Larry King the other night. I like him - and I agree with him about 95% of the time. You might not like him but that is not important to the truth. DH HATES him. Calls him a , well, a not very nice name although he does agree with him alot. He just can't stand him.

Bill Maher says stupid, a lot. Whether directed at people or words, he is an angry man and maybe, rightly so. Sometimes, he and I are on the same path.

Religion - he was talking to Larry King about the afterlife and how neither you or I know exactly what it is going to be like and the religious Right who not only KNOW but go into great detail about what it will be like. He's right, we don't know and we look stupid when take it upon ourselves to share the details.

The older I get, the less I know but what I do know, gets stronger. I would not begin to try to explain the details of heaven. My faith is not grounded in the who, what or why but rather in Christ. Whatever He has planned, fine - I'll find out when I get there. You, me or everyone else - trying to explain the details is pure speculation and most of the time, causes great distress. Spend less time chasing the details and more the Detail Maker. Spend less time trying to explain the unexplainable and more about the love of the Unexplainable One.

Bill is not a terrible guy, he is just a terrible, lonely guy. He has spent too much time listening to the people who define themselves as followers of the Detailed One. He has judged Christ by His people and has been giving much to flee from and he has come up short. He has yet to run into Christ Himself. His day is coming - his tune will change. He is not the first guy to treat God bad and he won't be the last. He is right about a lot of things and he is right about us and the details we share - and we have no one to blame but ourselves. There is nothing wrong with saying, I don't know. I don't know but let me introduce you to the One who does...