fast forward...

no picture today...no layout either.

I have been creatively challenged for the last few days. My POTD has suffered, I have days with nothing to show. Not because I forgot but because I just didn't do it. I thought about it on Saturday during the yard sale, but couldn't bring myself to walk 20 feet to my purse to grab my camera. Call it burn out or whatever but it is like when my introverted personality kicks in and goes inward. I just could not take a creative step to save my soul. For a few days last week, I became a beach bum without the beach.

I got the courage to ask my girl about a Trash The Dress session. Thinking she would said no, I was stunned when she said yes. We may have a dress and are looking at doing the TTD shoot next week. I am starting to feel better. There is a slow burn on its way... I can feel it.

We all lose our way from time to time - in all areas of our lives. It is part of who we are. We can't always go forward. It is not realistic to expect to. I think you are setting yourself up for unrealistic expectations if you think it is always about going forward. During this dry spell, I thought lots of thoughts. More than usual. I thought about life, people and seasons of life. Sometimes, I thought about nothing, nothing at all.

While I can't say I really enjoyed this time, I see the need for it. I am ready to join the world of the creative, once more. Times like these can keep one humble, can give you a true chance to look a little deeper and gives you a chance to regroup... Fast Forward to today, and I am ready to go...