for the love of JOB...


Inspired by John Herron's blog, I have decided to do a page for each book of the bible. Like a visual collage of God's word. A short verse in a visual setting.
I have always thought myself to be the audio type. My love of music always made the audio selection, seem like a slam dunk. These days, I am not so sure....
Visual - ( vizh/oo) -1. pertaining to sight, 2. perceptible by the sense of sight and the mind, 3. distinguished from the sound elements.
When I am scrapping or just on my computer, I am finding that I am more and more attracted to visual. Tonight when DH has to work the midnight shift, I need the TV on to even go to sleep and if I can get to sleep - I wake up every 1/2 hour or so. I can't sleep to music - gives me a headache.
On the other hand, I can't drive without music. Like in all other areas of our lives, we change. What worked in our 20's doesn't work in our 40's. What worked in childhood doesn't work in adulthood but I digress...
Using the Message, I want to capture the essence of each book. Something that means Something to me. I started with Job because it is my favorite book in the Old Testament. I am Story - driven, no wonder it is my favorite. The first time I read Job, I hooked by the first sentence.
It is not suffering as such that troubles us. It is undeserved suffering...This is the kind of suffering that bewildered and outraged Job, for Job was doing everything right when suddenly everything went wrong... The Message.
We will never resolve suffering in this lifetime and when I am feeling overwhelmed, I always run to Job. There is a peace there for me that I can't find anywhere else. It is my Genesis - this is where it begins for me...