riding the wave...

I have certain themes that randomly, repeat thru my mind. several times a year. I have never tracked them to see if there is a pattern to when they show up but I am always aware of their existence. I dare say they are like my personal parables. This one has been around for the last few days and I am just riding the wave.

Here it is - how can you explain to someone that is better to work for minimum wage at McDonalds when he can sell drugs on the street corner for a whole lot more money in a whole lot less time ?

Not growing up with a lot of right and wrong teaching, I am aware that for what other people would come naturally, doesn't for me. We all spend our lives trying to do life Bigger, Faster, Quicker, Smarter and that for some of us, right and wrong never factors in. We live in a world that at every turn tells us - Bigger, Faster, Quicker, Smarter.

less is More is getting harder and harder to sell. Each generation seems to have a tougher time seeing the trees for the forest. Maybe it is in the presentation - somehow, we have to get past trying to sell Bigger, Faster, Quicker, Smarter as the Ultimate and to do that, we have to be convinced ourselves first. I have hope - I remember the 60's. Until then, I will continue to ride the wave and when I see a kid coming down the block, standing on the corner - staking out his territory, I don't think I will bring up the idea of employment at McDonalds. Maybe just get him a Bite to eat...