making babies...


I couldn't sleep last night - kept tossing and turning. So when I got home late in the afternoon, with DH still asleep from his shift, I had a little snack and proceeded to dream an all too familiar dream.

Dh and I are driving home from the doctor's office and I feel the baby kick. DH is apparently too stunned to talk because he says nothing. After feeling the baby, I count back from November when the baby is due and am satisfied that everything is on schedule. I am thinking that Brandi will be 35 when the baby comes. 35 - I am desperately trying to wrap my mind around this. We get home and as I leave DH in his catatonic state on the couch in front of the TV, I go into my bedroom to call my stepmother, Ma - guess what God thinks is funny?

I have had this getting pregnant dream for years. Always coinciding with whatever age Brandi is at the time and always accompanied with much screaming and crying, This time, there was a sense of acceptance - all except for DH, don't know what his problem was. As is the case in most of my dreams, I am trying like crazy to dial the phone and can't figure out how to do it. I am giggling at the thought of having children 35 years apart and can't wait to spread the news.

FF to waking up. There is a smile on my face and it isn't because I know it was just a dream. Finally, it dawns on me but the smile is already there. Maybe this is a turning point for me, or maybe my stand up routine has gone too far. Either way, life is good and hopefully, tonight will be peaceful. I can only hope!