apology...



My perception is somewhere along the line, our culture has turned a sentiment into a lifestyle. It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. The truth is, it is not very attractive and certainly, doesn't add to the human credibility issue which already suffers enough.

There will always be those who are sorry after being caught. I truly believe they are sorry. I honestly believe they are sorry, they were caught. We see this all the time after a public outing of someone caught in a marital indiscretion. Boy, are they ever sorry but somehow in this new lifestyle of ApologyGate, it has become almost the new normal.

Growing up, that would get me slapped across the face. You knew if you had to say you were sorry, you truly were. It meant you had made a very bad choice and there would not be a second offense. Would not happen. Period.

In the last few days alone, we have multiple I'M Sorry issues. Republican Joe Wilson who yelled, You Lied during the President's speech last week. Can you really represent your district/people when you can't control your verbal actions? To me, I'm sorry doesn't cut it.

Kanye West jumped on the stage at the MTV awards during Taylor Swift's acceptance speech to praise Beyonce's video. He later offered an apology. Big Deal. He is just living the Lifestyle.

Not to leave out the ladies, Serena Williams threatened to shove a tennis ball down a line judges throat at the US Open. She has been charged a $10,500 fine but so far, no apology that I can verify. Apparently a financial, forced I'M Sorry is a certified substitute for a verbal one.

If this is the new normal, I am officially rebelling. If we allow people to say, do whatever they want and only give lip service or a certified check in response, I'd say with much confidence - we're in big Trouble...