blogs...




A few new blogs that are making me think and grow. The first one is a blog about marketing and business. What does this have to do with me? Seth's blog is about so much more. Most of his stuff is about Real Life or at least that is what I see. Have picked up some great ideas and principals. Just like Square One. Sethgodin.typepad.com.

Square one is underrated
Perhaps the worst outcome most people can imagine when a project stutters is having to go, "all the way back to square one."

Apparently, square one is an unhappy place, and far away, too.

Hey, if you're lost, if you've gone down the wrong road, it doesn't make sense to speed up and keep racing down the wrong road. Instead, the smart thing is to go back to the last spot you were in where you had a chance to find the right road and start from there.

Square one: nicer than people expect.


6yearmed.blogspot.com is a wonderful journey into the medical world as seen from a young woman's perspective. This Program is brought to you by Metlife is one example.

Not being an intern anymore sure does have its perks. And it's downfalls too, but mostly perks. And in a (somewhat planned) change of events that I would love to discuss with your over coffee sometime, I took a slight detour in my residency training. Yes, I am still doing Pediatrics, but I am considering focusing on children who have chronic illnesses and special needs. And because of that, I am now working with adults. ADULTS! Plug your ears and your nose and close your eyes, there are ADULTS in the room! AAAAAAAAH. It's just for a few months, so I think I can survive. But eek gads this is a whole new world. Well, sort of. Currently I am working with adults who have had severe brain injuries. So they are sort of like kids. And then, not so much.

I had an older guy who came into the hospital with a blood alcohol level of 0.4 (=dead), and a head and neck injury from accidentally ramming his ATV into the side of his double-wide. Classy. After a long while, when he was well enough to stand, I asked him to walk in a straight line, as best as he could.

With his ruddy cheeks sticking up over his cervical collar and mashing into his eyelids, he scoffed at me. "Damn, girl. I couldn't even do that before I was a drunk!"


The last one may not technically be a blog but a great site to bookmark. Tasty Kitchen is the brainchild of Pioneer Woman and a fab resource for great recipes. Thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/. Here is my favorite version of Chocolate Eclair Cake yet.

2 box(es) Vanilla Instant Pudding (3 3/4)
¾ cups Powdered Sugar
2 cups Milk
1 container Cool Whip (Large 12 Oz Tub)
1 box(es) Graham Crackers (NOT Crumbs)
1 can Chocolate Icing In A Can (Dark Is Best)
Preparation Instructions
You will need a 9×13 pan.

Mix pudding with milk and powdered sugar (1 cup or less).
Fold in cool whip.
Completely line 9×13 pan bottom with graham crackers.
Then layer half of the cream mixture, another layer of graham crackers, and another layer of cream (the rest of it).
Top with a layer of graham crackers and spread the top with icing (it’s best to warm the icing first and pour it over).

Keep in refrigerator (if there is any left).


A good blog, it just doesn't get any better than that...

PS...maybe it does. Picnik.com is a fine little site to add a most anything to a photo or layout. The Museum matte under frames is free and fAB. You can also upgrade and buy the whole site for a year for a great price. Guess it just got a little bit better...