time...



My cell phone is dead.
It won't charge,
I am lost.

After spending over a 1/2 hour with a TMobile CS person it was his determination that I needed a new battery and did I want to order one now? He explained that that the phone had a year warranty but the battery only 90 days and since it has been 6 months, I had no other option. I opted to take it to a real life TM locations before ordering a $47 battery. After spending less than 5 minutes with David, he determined that not only did I not need one of his $29sameasthe47dollarone batteries, it wasn't a battery issue at all.

Seems the phone is defective and won't accept the charger's promise of wholeness. After he spent 10 minutes on the phone explaining to a TM CS person how he went thru the process to diagnosis that the battery was not the problem, they finally relented and decided to send me a new, refurbished phone. She also explained to me that if I didn't return the defective phone with the pre paid envelope, I would be charged $300. REALLY, there are people who do not return broken phone. Great money making idea - wish I had a business and thought of this.

She also informed me that if and when they got the phone back, they would check inside and if one of the plastic pins was broke, they would charge me $100 - did I want to buy insurance for $1.99 a month? I have drafted a letter that will be duck taped to the bad phone that says the last 4 times the charger was plugged into the phone, was done by a TM employee. There is no way I am paying the $100 - even the nice man at the TM store said there was no damage to the phone. Old/new phone should be here in 7 days, I am still lost...

When you have time, you can accomplish much. Had I have been working, this would have been long, drawn out task. Even if you work, if you leave big gaps of time to be spent however you need - it is well worth doing...or not doing. That and to hear your DH after a particular long and ugly day say as he is racing back to work, I need another hug...