know...



There are many doors to knowing someone. There is the biblical one - where knowing is about being the most vulnerable you can be with a human in a physical way. A skeptic might say you can have sex with someone and not know a thing about them. That's is true and it is also true that something done out of context, changes the rules.

There is another kind of know that can only come from free-falling conversation. Whether at a coffee shop, or in a beauty shop or even around a firepit as was my experience last night. Spent 4 1/2 hours around said campfire with three fabulous women. Mother, daughter and daughter's friend. Basically 2 generations discussing everything from men to Jesus to politics. Where they are and where we have been. To see the world thru their eyes was a wonderful gift they shared freely. Sarcasm and cynicism ebbed and flowed just like the fire and when I rolled into my garage after 130AM, I felt the familiar joy of being filled up.

This morning, had to run to Walmart to grab supplies for DH lunch this week. I got the cashier that I have had many times before. I commented that the store seemed empty and we got into the church conversation. She offered that her mother had raised her in the LDS church but that now she was a wiccan and her husband was a satanist. I perceived that she was looking for a negative reaction, almost like she would be disappointed if it didn't happen. I gave her nothing. Nothing will change the next time I see her. I will not go out of my way to avoid her. The only thing that will change is now that I know her, she will come to mind and when she does, I will ask Jesus to throw everything I can think of...at her. Not because she is bad but because she need Jesus.

One of the things we talked about last night/morning was the possibility that the only thing Jesus asked us to do, the total essence of the gospel is to completely be/listen focus/ on who we are with at any given time.

Could it be that easy?
If that was the only thing asked of us, could we do that?
I don't know but it is worth a try.

I pondered teaching some sort of spiritual class but after some godly debate, decided against it. Wanting to invest myself somewhere. Maybe that investment looks differently that I imagined. I am going to make a conscious effort to find out. I don't think it will be easy or something that will come naturally but if it could direct me to the know, I'm in...