Word...

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12-13

I have never had a good memory. An actor, I could never be. Less than 5 words, maybe. Early on, even though I was in my late 20's - trying to make myself memorize bible verses was just not happening. Early church years it seemed if I couldn't recite Matthew, Mark, Luke and John from memory all at one time, I was doomed.

Over the years, I have trained myself to be content with knowing the Word in smaller doses. The parables are Stories to me - I can't recite them word for word, but get the main idea. When you take out the oughts, you are left with what works for you. We each learn in different ways and Jesus doesn't care which way that is. Quite honestly, I am not impressed with those who can spit out scripture like a runner on a 250 K race. It is about taking the Word and obeying it. It is about the Word becoming Real in my life. It is about being in the Moment, in the Word.

Elijah Moore, one of the great kids in the KKSM skate ministry has been literally fighting for his life this week. All day, the Word, that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities , has been going through my head. E brings the Word to the kids. He preaches the Word. This is big time, this is war. He is out on the sidelines, someone else will bring the Word...for now. We are all praying for E to be back on the front lines, bringing the Word to those who have been given to him. Word.

I guess that is why the Message is my Word of choice. No chapter, or verse. No beginning or end. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Those are good words, good words indeed...