invisible...



Did I tell you about the dog and the invisible fence? We were leaving a yard sale and this huge dog in a huge yard, was barking furiously at us as we left a good 100 yards from his property. He was running sideways and it took a while for me to figure out why. He could have leaped that line and have got us...but he couldn't. He had learn his lesson and wasn't about to test the waters again. If he only knew. We live our lives alot like that dog. Call it comfort zone or whatever, we each learn where that invisible fence is...and we go no further. Never. After a while, it becomes automatic and we don't even think about the possibilities that exist outside that fence. Believe me, I am preaching to the choir here, but I am learning. I see it in little ways. Things that come over that fence, and I start to ponder, even consider. Ideas, journeys and possibilities. Those things I never, ever would have thought possible. I don't know why now except I see in myself the willingness to consider many more possibilities than ever before.

We had a great holiday weekend. Played some, got a call yesterday morning from some old friends and met them for breakfast as they rolled thru town. A quick trip up to Cougar Mountain Lodge for lunch only for find the boss gave them the day off. Had a nice little meal at Banks and a great time in the car.

I'm going to Cougar Mountain Lodge and I am going taking my
armadillo
basket of berries
carrots
dog
elephant
gage and, you get the picture.

We saw happy guy Sunday after lunch - he certainly wasn't being stopped by anything invisible or visable. Grooving to whatever he was listening too, made the rest of get a visual of that could possibly come from thinking a bit differently. Taking the plunge, thinking outside the box or just letting go for a few minutes.

I continue to have that image/icon of that dog running and barking. There is invisible all around us. What we can't see doesn't mean isn't there. Doesn't mean it isn't affecting us. Doesn't mean we should not look for it. Not sure I would have been able to say that but I am learning, I am learning...