babies and bathwater...




Short of living in a cave, you have heard it a hundred million times - don't throw out the baby with the bathwater! Usually brought up when one is contemplating giving up or worse, making a bad choice.

If you think about it, it really is creepy. Like the nursery song, Rock A Bye Baby. The words to that song are pretty creepy too. No one who didn't want to be on CNN or Oprah, would never think about throwing a baby out, no less a wet, naked baby. I digress...

Thinking back over the last week and much more, it occurs to me - I have on more than one occasion done just that. Not taking time to see if there was Something of value to keep, I shucked the whole thing in the trash. In any area of my life, I would have to admit whether because of theory or laziness, this has been the case in my life.

Maybe it was Anne Rice or the batch of pictures, it has come to my immediate attention that I have been guilty of throwing that precious baby out with the less than desirable bathwater. It is my black and white personality, come full circle. It is not the way I want to live. It is not the way God would have me live.

Is there be a kinder, gentler me on the horizon? Imagine not but I hope there is one who will take the time to think things through and hold on to the precious baby, in whatever form the little bundle may take...