reflecting...

ipad + "Eye of the Tiger" from Jordan Hollender on Vimeo.



Working on turning "things I believe" into "things that I Know". Ashton Kutcher via Twitter.

I am in a reflective mode this week. Labor day is almost here and with it comes the unofficial end of summer. We hope for many more warm days but will understand if they don't come everyday or are few and far between. We are so ready to get some fall color in our photos, something to hang on the wall for the next six months. I can hardly wait!

Tomorrow is official start of my personal New Year. It is dictated by my body/mind clock and I have learned to go with it. We have had some early, cooler days which just makes it that much more apparent than it is time to figure out where my head is and where it is headed. I have some ideas.

AA - God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless


I have been in a few different AA related groups in my life. I was told in Ala -Teen by an AA sponsor, that I was an alcoholic whether I ever took a drink or not. I knew instinctively, she was right and always kept it in the back of my mind. Later, in ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics), I learned even more about myself.

It wasn't until this summer when I decided that my faith should walk the AA path. That life is a daily struggle and just take it one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow's faith or beliefs. They are going to change and grow. Don't be afraid that they are going to fade. I am so looking forward to taking it one day at a time, I can't even tell you how much.

Going to need to fill sometime now that the gks are all in school. They are growing up and have lives of their own. I know they will always share themselves with us but we Big People have to change so they can grow up.

Next year at this time, DH will be a few months away from retirement and that will bring real change. Not unlike learning a new way when the kids leave the nest, now we have to learn a new way to keep the nest and each other in one piece. A natural progression, if you will.

Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
...

How will my everyday life change if I live these words?
How will my faith change if I live these words?
How will the living out of the Serentity prayer, change my world?

Thinking, fall coming is a wonderful thing...