community...



The other night I was searching the ZD Memorial Library for something familiar to read. Every summer for many years, I would re read Madeleine L'Engle's trilogy, The Crosswicks Journal, especially Book 2, The Summer Of The Great-Grandmother and steep in the magic that is summer. I grabbed it but saw Scott Peck's, A Different Drummer and was drawn in by it.

I struggle with community. I struggle with what it looks like, or what I think it should look like. Deep down, I realize that community does not have a physical address, complete with parking lot and a coffee bar. It is one way but by far, not the only way but I digress.

As I started the book. I soon stripped over a paragraph that explains that community does not come naturally. Somewhere in my learning travels, I picked up the idea that is was natural and that parlayed into a constant guilt trip for not feeling the Love. It just explained so much. I have Moments of Community that make me giddy but perhaps that is not, true community. Willing to take my new acquire knowledge and try again. Not sure what that will look like, at this point. So I am open and looking. It is always about baby steps with me.

Ok, take some time to breathe and regroup. While I love my ipad, reading TSOTGG in paperbook is the only way to go. Out on the swing with a small breeze. Nothing else to think about, doing what comes naturally. Taking it all, one day at a time. Being open to the next step and knowing that is all I have to worry about today...