eight is enough...



We had to put his birthday party off until last Saturday. That didn't sit well with him but in the end, was a gentleman about it. I understand, never before had anyone had their party after their birthday. He would be the first. He finally conceded and by the look of his birthday haul, was compensated completely.

I don't remember much about being eight but I know I didn't know about music yet. That would come the summer I was sick and stuck in bed for a couple weeks. Being eight is a whole new ball game. Technology has made each of us long for our own eight year old. They instinctively understand things that I have to learn. He took to the iPad like he had one for years.

The only place I have any leg up on is blogging. Keaton and his friend have started a blog but can't figure out how to add videos. Keaton told his friend, I'll ask my nana. Will try to set them up but how cool is it that I could potential help anyone under 11 years old!

They know more about Jesus and aren't afraid to ask about more. Don't always have the answers. Gage has strong opinions about religion and isn't afraid to share. It is that childlike quality that lets you say what you think, no matter who is around. By the time we are 58, we have either giving in to being a grown up, sucking it up or we have learned what every eight year old already knows, it's not hard, it's the truth...Happy Birthday Gage, I love you so...