Christmas in August...



Michael's is the fourth store I have been in since last week to have Christmas already on the shelves. Costco has Halloween and Christmas. If you live in LA or Miami, you are use to a warm Christmas and while it was 95 degrees out today, it is unnatural for us to be shopping for Christmas in shorts and tank tops.

Those who don't have a foot in the Back To School market have to fight for any of the precious dollars that we all are looking to spend in the next 6 months. Times are still tough, I don't believe we are spending so much more than last year at this time. Houses still aren't selling and people are still losing daily, whether it be money, jobs and are having to make hard choices.

Have you got your school supply list yet? The lists are long this year. Imagine every school list will be bigger this year. I commented to one lady that it would be cheaper to buy each one a laptop. Triangle pencils, flash drives and a host of specialized education items. Walmart and Staples are going for it. Back to School deals on clothes are everywhere. No time for Christmas, talk about living in the Moment.

The calendar tells me that school starts in 2 weeks. Still a lot of summer things on our list. A couple of sleepovers, a birthday and a camping trip but there is Something in the air. One moved into her college dorm today. Another is getting ready to start a new life in a new city. Summer 2010 is quickly coming to a close and the lazy, hazy days of summer will start to fade. No longer daylight when I wake up, is just another sign. A way of getting myself ready for my favorite season and nobody and I mean nobody, is going to rush me. Give it your best shot, people - all I can control is myself and that is where I am going to start...