the Beast...



Inspiration comes from many places. One of my sources is my father. As far back as I can remember my Dad has written poems. I think that it is his true passion but it’s one of those private passions, a secret interest. He only shares them with a few people and I’m lucky enough to be one of them. His poems have never been published probably because he hasn’t had the courage to believe that they were good enough. I believe they are good enough. I believe that you are good enough DAD. So I would like to publish you first poem/Ashton Kutcher


Therapy

The farmers are busy. The woolies are hunkerin in. A hint of smoke in the crisp night air.
Been awhile. The ritual never changes, with the coming of the Beast.

The advantage of outside eyes, the preparatory tasks are amazing.
But then, I was them. In a different time.

We must prepare for the Beast on a daily basis,
But still harvest and share the bountiful gift that was given.

Will I challenge the Beast?
Bring it on MF, I'm a midwest Boy

Life is Good.


I imagine what we all hear when the Beast is read, is a feeling that is quick and direct. Used in this way, we each may relive the Beast that has been in our lives off and on, for as long as we can remember is as real as the gray hairs on my head.

I love Mr Kutcher's poem. Would love to read more. Reminds me of Billy Collins and I adore Billy Collins. Bad words aside, it came to me as a breath of fresh air when I needed one bad. While the beast theme is the first to hit you, the next part is as sweet as they come...

We must prepare for the Beast on a daily basis,
But still harvest and share the bountiful gift that was given.


Truer words were never spoken. The bible says when, not if. We each have Beast thoughts that we pray desperately, never come true. The truth is we hear about our Moments having to be lived out and endured in Real Life through others and that is why we worry, because we know - it could be our turn, next.

We will have to live with the Beast and the Bounty, everyday for the rest of our lives. We have to walk the line between disaster and delight with every step we take. Puts quite a bit of responsability on us, doesn't it? Not exactly a place for it on our everyday to do list. Yet, we would be wise to prepare, harvest and share on a daily basis. It was given to us as a gift, now it is time to us to share what we have with those who have been given to us...