recipes...



If all of life could be lived out in a series of recipes, it would still be hit and miss. While there is Something comforting about being able to follow a list of known ingredients with a high degree of assurance of success, there is still a part of us that wnats to wander off the beaten path.

We would all agree that for the most part, our perception is that any given recipe has been tested and retested before given out. I think we could also assume with some degree of confidence that said recipe would not only turn out nicely but also be quite tasty.

But the truth is, recipes don't always turn out or taste good. Ever try to make your husband's mother favorite spaghetti recipe and can't because it is Chef Boyardee in a box (True Story)?

I am a recipe follower, at least until I am comfortable and then I may do some tweeking. Some need it and some are perfect the way they are. This Pecan Pie Muffins from Tasty Kitchen are perfect and easy. I wish I had a recipe that would take you through life so that you could avoid all the ruts and pitfalls that will come your way. I can't but I can share this to help the journey be a delicious one!

Pecan Pie Muffins

1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs

Mix pecans, bronw sugar and flour. Beat eggs with a fork, and add melted butter. Mix wet ingredients into dry. Fill muffin tin 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min.