make yourself at home...




Maybe even more than 80% of the, I love you's, we all say - make yourself at home, may be the most important thing you can say to someone. It is the one you say when you are on your own, personal home turf, and the one you are saying it to, is not. What a way to give of yourself and share what you have, with one who is passing through and journey-bound.

I got the opportunity to do that late, last week. From picking her up at the airport to spending the next 20 or so hours with her, it was a complete and total joy. Although we had never met in Real Life, we already knew each other's Stories and it felt like home to me.

When we brought her suitcases into the house, I told her, Make yourself at home. Some one had said that to me this year and I know how it made me feel. For a small amount of time, anyone who shares their space with you so openly, puts you at ease. You are essentially telling them, mi casa, es su case - my house is your house. You are giving them permission to join your family, be one with us. I truly think it is hospitality done well and I think, for many different reasons, being hospitable is thought of as a gift, not something that everyone can do. I can vouch for that, many years ago DH and I took a What Are Your Spiritual Gifts class, and he scored the highest in hospitality, If you know him, you would understand.

My friend and I talked for hours and if she could have stayed, we would have talked for more. Sometimes, you just get lucky. I was the luckiest girl on the earth last week. I will not forget our time together. Thank you Jesus, for showing me how to make myself at home with you which taught me to share with others. Love you C! Thank you Jesus...