Bliss...



Bliss is the name of a Windows bitmap image included with Microsoft Windows XP, produced from a photograph of a landscape in Sonoma County, California, southeast of Sonoma Valley near the site of the old Clover Stornetta Inc. Dairy.[1][dead link] The image contains rolling green hills and a blue sky with stratocumulus and cirrus clouds. The image is used as the default computer wallpaper for the "Luna" theme of Windows XP. Photograph used as Windows XP default wallpaper and a followup photograph 10 years later. 1996 and 2006./Photojojo.

While I didn't need Photojojo to tell me what I already knew - nothing that lives is immune to change. All I have to do is pass a mirror and I am made fully aware that time is marching on, faster than I would like to admit. Yet I find the differences between the two photos, fascinating.

The thing that is the toughest to comprehend is that in my mind with no visual aids, I feel like a kid. Dh feels the same way. We often compare notes and are amazed that feel the same way. DD is getting to an age where she can start to understand what her parents have been telling her. Maybe it has something to do with having her own child in jr high. Her parents seem to get smarter the older she she gets.

The phone rang a few nights ago and it was Harma, our exchange student who spent a year with us 20 years ago. She came to us in the fall and left the following year after graduation. She now has 2 beautiful children of her own, a job and still manages to look us up. We talked about then and now and are equally amazed at where we are now. Change and bliss all rolled into one, now if we could make that our default, how happy would that be?