ode to Miss Kat...





She has got me hooked on night shooting. It was our sleepover with Keaton so we hit the streets of our town after 8pm to do some damage. Imagine our surprise when our favorite coffee shop was closed - took the wind out of our sails, I tell ya.

Keaton graciously agreed to be my model so we started down alleys and side streets looking for light. The world looks much different at night. Not one to frequent outside much, this is a whole new world to me. I am the one who has her PJ's on early. Not the one who loves the nightlife and likes to boogie, at least not until now. God helps us if we go there.

It is a bit scary. We were on the phone to Keaton's mommy every so often to reassure her which Keaton was not helpful with. Yes, we passed a few bars and there were some scary people out but felt completely safe. So safe that to get these shots through the trees, I was laying down shooting up from the sidewalk. The boys were laughing at me but I got the shot I was after. So worth it, even with the sound of male ha ha's in the background.

Seeing the world through a different perspective is never a bad thing. It is good for us to shake things up. I am in awe of what my camera is teaching me. Imagine what else I am may be missing - class is in session, where am I? Pay attention and you may see even more.

I see many more night trips. DH is more than willing even without a Sonic or Dairy Queen run... but a little bribery goes a long way and Miss Kat, if you are ever in my neck of the woods, you have a standing offer for the same...