go away...



Keaton told me he made this sign and put it right outside their bedroom door because Gage had been having trouble sleeping. He is still having issues but pretty sure it is not about monsters. Most nights, he feels more secure sleeping in a little safe place at the foot of his parent's bed.

As a child, I certainly remember being scared. For different reasons, my fears came from within the four walls of my home. It was safer outside than inside and I knew it. I would have be very grateful for a sign outside my bedroom - go away. GO AWAY, I would say over and over again. It never worked. I didn't have a sign.

Now, I am a Big Girl and I know that monsters don't go away. We are reminded everyday of the monsters among us. Natural disasters, disease and people - a sign just doesn't cut it. We live among the monsters - I can take it for me but the thought of it for my kids - it is hard to go there. I can't protect them as much as I want to. If wanting were made true, nothing would ever touch them but that is not the case - for any of us.

The only I know to do is to crawl up at the end of my Father's bed. I have made myself a little safe spot and I know He is watching over me. Whatever the monster in my life at any given time, I know I am safe. I know because He gave me a sign and He put it right where I can see it as I fall asleep at the end of His bed.

GO AWAY MONSTER...