Ode to 2007



The first few days of January 2007 brought the death of a familiar celebrity and I remember thinking, come the end of the year, I will not remember who it was. While trying to review the year, it is only the last four or five months that capture my attention.

Still a great admirer of all things Larry Craig, I look forward to what the new year will bring. Some years seem to have clean breaks, new year - new start. 2007 doesn't feel quite that way. It feels more like it will have to merge with 2008 and that the results will be available, at a date to be named later. How long can a political campaign last? With a year under our belts and a year to go - this is the new world of politics and whoever winds up as our next president, you can be sure Someone will be on the campaign trail at the same time as the new president is being sworn in.

I thought about doing a Favorites for the year - 7 in 2007. I couldn't get my photos or scrapbook pages down to 25, no less 7 so I gave up trying but in the process, took a wonderful, personal stroll down Memory Lane. Things I might have forgotten had I not purposed to remember.

The family of four, a dad and three sons who were killed in a automobile accident - leaving behind a wife and daughter. The image of those four caskets in the parking lot of the church, a reminder to live each day as fully as you possible can.

Being a part of the Extreme Makeover adventure - maybe a cultural thing but I think everyone could learn Something from ABC and Ty.

My family who brings me so much comfort and joy. I ended the year with Miss M and it was just a coincidence that I start the New Year with her. The idea of my yearly theme had not been clear but when I saw this picture, it became clear in an instant. DH is always telling me that I am too passionate about most everything and it gets me into trouble. While I might have to agree with him, I have decided to go with the passion this year instead of constantly trying to hold it back. To be quite honest, it scares me but when I look at Miss M's face, I know I can do it. There is no way I could have captured that picture on purpose. No tripod or wireless remote would have helped. I don't know how it got in my camera but there it is - can't explain it but, there it is. How do you explain Jesus? - maybe something like trying to describe the photo. Not sure what to expect or where it will lead but think I am brave enough to find out.

So, 2007 and 2008 or 2007-8 or whoever you are - I am as ready as I will ever be. Let's get it on....