home page...



We have a 100 things a day that define us. Some come from our Season of life, some come from choices we make and some are ours, like it or not. At times, we choose the personification we want to put out there, for all to see. If I ask you to pick 25 things that would describe you - what would you pick? What would you leave out? What 25 things would give us an insight into the real You? Would those closest to you pick 90% of the same things as you?

Those would be about the Big Defs - how about your home page on your computer? Presuming that you don't share a computer - what is your home page? What do you want to see when you log on to your internet? How do we define what we want right in front of us, everyday.

Today, I can tell you it is our 401K plan. We are in some kind of twilight period ( the 1-5 years before retirement) and after last week, I can tell you that I am considering making the T Rowe Price site my home page although seeing how fast we are losing money makes me kind of lightheaded. It would also make me focus on what is really, really, in the long run, not that important. We will have what we have and live on that. I learned alot after being downsized out and one of the most important is you can not count on anything when it comes to money.

I have had my home page on several of the new channels so I would always know what is going on but that didn't work very well either. I still use them when I want to know about something but I don't want it to be my focus. I considered once having my online banking as my home page - again, I'll get there when I need it.

I could pick one of my favorite blogs - ok, it would have to be Pioneer Woman and although she does post most days. it is not what I am looking for. I don't know why I feel the need for my home page to be meaningful but I do. Maybe it is because I know that I need to be reminded everyday of the preciousness of life and a home page is a great way to be reminded through out the day.

I will tell you that 90% of the time ER is my default home page. Seeing the visuals of my family over and over again, makes the cares and worries of the day, seem to dissipate. Whatever has me in a tizzy on any given day, melts just a bit when those little faces pop up. It is a friendly face, a familiar jargon and place to be safe in an unsafe world. It defines me and it comforts me. Dorothy was right, There's No Place Like Home...