January...




I had lunch today with my friend. Brick 29 makes the best Tomato Bisque I have ever had and I look so forward to being with both of them. Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal but considering I have not been out of house since Saturday, it really was. As I sat waiting for her, I took in my surroundings. I love this place. The colors, the spaciousness and I am ready to paint my ceilings black. As I sat there, sipping my cucumber water, I was trying to decide if it felt good to be out or if I was ready to to run back home. The answer never came. I loved spending time with my friend. We have known each other for a long time and we pick up where we left off the last time we met. Can't think of a better reason to leave the house.

After all, it is January and like it or not, the blues have settled in. I start dreading it November 1. Halloween is over and no matter whether it was mild or mighty, I know it is time to get ready. It is a normal part of the yearly cycle - I would dare say we all get the January blues, different degrees perhaps. I fell them pretty strong. Nothing I can really put my head around. I try to just endure until the calendar rolls around to February 1. That is the magical date. Personally, I think it is colder in February. When I worked, the bathroom always froze up for the first 2 weeks of February. After Valentine's Day, you could almost count on not having to drive across the highway to go potty - but mentally, February turns the corner and heads me to the light.

Even January has to have something going for it. Here's what I have learned this month.

There is alot of alone time that gives you some breathing room. Breathing room to be about others. Time to pray, time to listen and time to take what you know and let it bounce on the provebial trampoline.

I know some absolutely stunning people. Strong in life, passionate about persevering and able to still laugh. I see all His people and I am blown away.

January is 31 days long. It soon will pass. Then it will come again. The ebb and flow of life all crammed into a cold, dreary month. Just like Real Life.

The cucumber water was interesting - two things that I would never have imagined together. You learn something everyday - even in January...