Let It Snow...



The weather outside truly is frightful... In anticipation of the next snow storm heading our way and DD needing to work today, I spent last night at their house so we would be prepared. Prepared we were, however, we woke up to no snow...but an hour later, it started. Mommy went off to work to return quite abruptly. Her employer sent her home because there were no customers. At least we were prepared.

So she brought got to bring me home early and the weather was much worse here than at her house. I am glad she got to head home before the work traffic - it is going to be a nightmare.

So we all made it home, safe and sound. I am NOT a snow person. Wet, cold, bright - I don't get it. Of course, never seeing it until I was 17, may have contributed to my less-than-lovely feelings about it. Being raised in California, there was basically one season. A little wind, once in a great while, some rain - that was it and I loved it but here in Idaho, the trade off for winter is fall and for that alone, it is so worth it.

We haven't had much snow for a few years so this is somewhat new to the kids. I would expect there might be a snowman in their yard soon. What kid could resist this white, fluffy stuff? With the anticipation of a school-less snow day - what is not to like? For us Big People, it is about traffic and shoveling - it is more difficult to see past that to the fluffy stuff. So for you Big People who get it, I am envious and proud of you. I will also wait inside by the fire in my jammies and get the hot cocoa ready for you - it's the least I can do. After all, fall is only 9 months away...