It's finally here...



It didn't come the way I thought it would although in hindsight, I should have guessed who would be able to pull if off. It is a little thing but after the technology I have witnessed in the last 10 years, I started to think, it is just a matter of time...and the time is now.

My electronics hero is Steve Jobs. The man has been the head of Pixar studios and Apple - he more than qualifies. Whenever he has his little techie updates, I am there. With snacks and a drink in hand, I sit in front of my computer and prepare to be dazzled. He never disappoints. There is always a guest singer - yesterday it was Randy Newman from Short People fame. It was cool.

He started with IPhone updates and new free software which made the IPhone people swoon. In the 90 days, Apple has sold 4 million IPhone taking almost 20% market share in their first 90 days of shipping. That is more than Motorola, Nokia and Palm combined. Then on to the ITouch which made me swoon. Looks like I am going to have to get me some update software, real soon. Then he moved on to ITunes. My heart is beating quickly now. Very quickly.

Last week, ITunes sold their 7 billion song.
Christmas Day 2007 - ITunes sold 20 million songs in 24 hours. Unprecedented.
Now, you can rent movies at ITunes.

30 + 24...You have 30 days access to your movie and once you start watching it - you can watch in as many times as you want in a 24 hour period. You can watch in on your computer or your IPod - or both. Start watching it and have to run - take it with you. No more lines, no more waiting for a certain movies - rental on demand. Too bad you can't watch them on your TV...Oh, but you can.

Everyone has tried and no one has succeeded - until now. Any movie, any time on your TV. Within 2 weeks Apple TV will ship a stand alone device that will allow you access ITunes directly. Music, podcasts and you will be able to rent movies on demand. Rental prices range from $2.99-$4.99. This is seriously big and all this for a investment of $229.00.

Can't explain my love for technology. Hope to live to 100 to see what else is coming. I love the Walter Evans Stare quote that I found on Ali Edwards blog yesterday. Life is short. Sccop it up and drink it in. Excuse my techie high but I am living Big right now. Maybe we should put Steve Jobs in charge of curing the common cold - bet he'd have it done in 90 days...