more and more...

It becomes more and more obvious as each day goes by that the world we woke up in today is not the one our naked little butts first came into. I get so annoyed with Sick Poppa's credit union because they do not have internet bill pay and don't seem to think they need it. Maybe they don't. Maybe the percentage of their customers who want that service is relatively low. I know the few times I have been physically at the facility, the average age of their customer base is close to 80. DH's family has banked there forever and when we got married, we banked there for a while. They knew you and you knew them...but after a while we moved on. Banks became competitive and paying double for a monthly check account didn't make sense, no matter if everyone knew our names.

The average age of Brian William's Nightly News viewership is 64. I wish I knew what the median age of Steve Job's Mac World audience was this week - bet it would almost be cut in half. This is the world we live in, this is the world that we oldsters have to adapted to. I suppose you could decide to dig in your heels and refuse. Many have chosen that path. That is just human nature.

Time will natural change our world. As the oldest generation passes away, the baby boomers will step up to the plate and slowly, you won't even notice the change. It will come as naturally as breathing.

Early December, I was cruising the editorial page of our local paper and saw that they were recruiting new members. At first I didn't think much of it but after a few days of popping in and out of my brain, I took a second look. As I reviewed the questions on the application, I was hooked.

What are three things you would never change your mind about?

What a question! I answered all their questions and sent it off. At the beginning of the week, I was invited to attend a trial meeting today. Of course, everyone was shy but that will get better with time. Not all of us will be invited back. Whether I am invited back or not, I loved the Process. As I sat in that meeting room, I so enjoyed the diversity of hearing bit and pieces of complete strangers Stories. It reminds you that the world is a Big Place and everybody has an opinion. Hopefully as we all move ahead, whether by serving on a community board or visiting with someone as you wait in line at the store - we share this new world with each other and in turn, are a better people for it...