Class of 2007 - I Do...

Last night was the first of many graduation celebrations for the Class of 2007. This one was for two college graduates who start their new Real Lives tomorrow. I don't know that is will really kick in until this fall when they don't have a school to go back to. That is when reality will set in and they will join the rest of us in the game of What Do I Do Next?

There are some years where we don't know anyone who is starting on the Real Life journey but there is Something about May that reminds us of classes gone by. Our own, our children - there are rites of passages for parents as we watch our kids move on in life. It also reminds us that we are getting older.

It is also the time of year for weddings and there are several of those on the calendar. My daughter celebrates 10 years of marriage this July - seems like yesterday. Can't believe I have been a mother-in-law for 10 years. Not sure I would have the guts to ask my SIL for a report card.

At the graduation party, I got to see the bride's dress for the July Wedding. It is beautiful and she glowed as she shared her plans. Young love is wonderful at any time but a summer wedding brings a special glow. I can't wait to shoot their engagement photos in a few weeks and they are up for fun. The wedding will be delight to shoot.

Waking thru Target yesterday, there was a display of graduation gifts. Class of 2007 - For me, it was the Class of 69. Graduation was June 13. I still remember the date and that was 38 years ago. It is a nice yearly reminder of how far we have come and hopefully, we have a lot of good to show for it...