wealth...


It doesn't look like much. The refrigerator in the garage with a bunch of different drinks but it means the world to me. Not only do I have my family's favorites, ready to go when they come - it reminds me of a time when that same beverage love was shown to me.
It was one of my dad's girlfriends. We spend a summer in her in-ground pool where the snacks and pop never ran low. Stocked never empty, you could count on being treated like a little queen everytime. Somewhere deep down, I knew it wouldn't last. She was married and her husband was a good friend of ours but in that Moment, I took it all in. How I could not? Everytime I went over there, I knew what to expect and it was all good. I still have wonderful dreams about this house and several times a year - it is the same dream. DH buys the house as a surprise and it is exactly as I remember, including a refrigerator filled with pop in the garage.
Wealth is subjective. We judge it by our checkbook balance, our 401k plan and what kind of house we live it. What you drive, what kind of TV you have and or where you go to college. Or not.
Yesterday was perfect. The weather was gorgeous. I spent the day with my girl working on a digital book project. We had lunch and met up later at Keaton's baseball game. I came home, walked thru the garage and grabbed a drink from the refrigerator and smiled.
I am a wealthy woman. Far beyond what I deserve. Surrounded by the things in life that can't be controlled or measured. If you are what you think, I am filthy rich...