reasonable expectations...


Whenever I pick him up from school or lots of time when I show up at his house, I have a reasonable expectation of being greeted with that big smile. There is also usually running involved so I am always prepared to scoop him up and nuzzle his little neck. He also has the reasonable expectation that I will respond with that scoop, everytime.
reasonable - agreeable or in accord with reason, moderate, endowed with reason.
expectation - something expected, a degree of possibility that something will occur.
You put those together and you have an act, endowed with reason that a degree of possibility that something agreeable will occur. We experience this every minute of everyday in every part of our lives.
I got to thinking the other day - does God have an reasonable expectation of me. I am not talking about rules and regulations - religion or rituals. Once we decided to sign up with Him, is it unreasonable to think that showing up to be with Him would not be Something expected? Why would we not want to be a part of wherever He is, on any given day? Just the thought that by showing up there is a degree of possibility that Something will occur makes me not want to miss
a thing. Perhaps I get caught up in Real Life stuff and it is a matter of time management. Maybe not.
If He could give His life for mine - I can show up everyday to see what's up. Not only does He have a right to reasonable expectation but so do I...