cows in trees...


DH is laid off for the week and it changes the way I go about my everyday life. So when we headed to town in the afternoon and saw the cows sitting under the trees, it explained my day perfectly. We had to turn around so I could get the shot but it was worth it.
Ms Cow and I had a little dialogue. I asked her about the tree, if the shade felt good and she just stared at me. Maybe I looked as out of place to her, taking her picture as she did to me, under the tree. Somedays are like that, you just feel out of place. Routine gone and you are just a little uncomfortable in your own skin.
I worry about that sometimes. Not feeling uncomfortable but feeling too comfortable. The line for me gets fuzzy sometimes, How much is too much ? If I understand correctly, I am to be in this world not of this world. What exactly does that look like? Jesus said to preach the Gospel - not exactly how. We know/meet so many different kinds of people everyday - do we change the preaching to accomodate each personality or do we stay as we are and hope if our brand of preaching isn't welcome that God has a back-up preacher?
Is preaching vocal or is it silent? and if it is both, how do we decided which is right for any given situation? I realize all I am doing is asking questions and in that, maybe the answers will come.
Back to the cows in trees - maybe we are on the right track as long as we are uncomfortable but not sure God intends us to live that way. It is a good reminder to take our uncomfortable pulse every once in a while - just in case we are wondering where our hearts are spending their time.
I am still not sure I shouldn't put all I have in this world while I wait for the next, knowing that my time here is short. Maybe it is just as simple as living in the Moment and watching for cows in trees...