a perfect Mother's Day...


I could not have had a better day. A picnic with those who are my whole world. Playing in the sand and having help burying my feet. Taking photo after photo - it just made me smile.
As we took turns playing and chilling and I couldn't help but think of those who wish this 24 hour holiday would just be done and gone. I thought of one of our digi girls who lost her son last fall and her first MD without him. There was a whole thread yesterday on DST about women who had lost their mothers, many of them years ago, still with so much pain and loss.
I can't identify with losing a child or mourning the loss of a mother. Honoring parents has very tough for me and I am not very good at it. It has only been in the last few years that MD no longer has a negative hold on me. It has become a celebration of overcoming. A day to be grateful for what is.
These 6 people have made me incredibly happy. I can not begin to tell you how they have more than made up for the first part of my life. I have learned that love is not only possible but Something you can count on. They make me feel like I am the best. Wife, Mom, MIL and Nana.
There is not a greater gift anyone could give. They give it in abundance and I am surround by it on every side.
Still, for those whose day wasn't a great success, like the husband who forgot until a greeter at church wished his wife, Happy Mother's Day! I know it is just a day, a Hallmark - inspired holiday fueled by every retailer who has something to sell. It's not about a card or a gift - it is about feeling loved. It's about being nutured or having someone to lavish your love on.
I have never had a perfect Mother's Day before and I may never again. When you have one like this, you just need to enjoy it. Perfect is oh so lovely...