young Love...


Had a great time Sunday doing this engagement shoot with this awesome couple. I was reminded of that young love that we all experience in our youth. It is intense, silly and oh so real. As we followed them around, it was obvious that they care for each other a great deal. I got a good feeling about these two - I know there are no guarantees but they seem to have a beginning. Their wedding is in late July and I look forward to sharing their wedding day with them.
Young Love - remember that? That awakening in the deepest parts of our hearts that makes us want to be with another. It is not a stage of life that you can stay in forever but it's mountain top experience prepares you for life later on, in the valley. More than the love of a human, it reminds me of the time I fell in love with Jesus.
Giddy is the only word that explains how I felt. To accept unconditional love for the first time in my life will always be an extraordinary time for me. I was higher than a kite. I am positive I really had no idea beyond Jesus loved going thru my mind. I wasn't thinking about church or bible study or the rules that would follow. For that time, it was about being in love - a Love like no other.
I pray that the love these two share will extend to Him. That they keep Him close as they start their life and add to their family. It is hard to see the forest for the trees - but as they move down their path, May Jesus be a such a part of their lives and their children's lives.
We all need to experience that kind of Love more than once in a lifetime. Maybe it will come as a result of a miraclous answer to prayer or the lyrics of a long forgotten song. That feeling of being flooded with love, more than you can hold to. Washing over you again and again. Watching young love like this is a wonderful reminded of your First love. I hope I always remember...