rest...


Children do it better than Big people. When it is time to slow down or come to a screeching halt, their little selves just let it happen naturally. There is Something about the power of rest that we seem to leave in childhood as if it was useless in our adult lives.
Not sure most of us think about the importance of rest. Not just gettting an adequate amount of nightly sleep but resting when our bodies tell us it is time to stop. I am guilty of pushing through even when there isn't a emergency in sight. I tell myself, I'll rest later - I will catch up in a few days. We never can catch up. By the time we do, it is a 2 day ordeal. We crash and burn - big time.
I am better at it than I use to be. Not because of practice but see the value of little time outs in between Real Life instead of running the race like it was a marathon. The old story about the tortoise and the hare. I always thought of the tortoise as the real loser but I think I was wrong. There is Something to be said for pacing yourself - in pretty much all aspects of your life. It is not wimpy to rest - may even be a sign of higher intelligence although I can't prove that.
Maybe you need to follow a two year old around for a week - do what they do. Learn from them. They haven't had their natural inclinations stifled yet by Big People thinking. Do yourself a favor - may be the best thing you could do for yourself...