picture of the day...

I am now 6 1/2 months into the POTD thing. I would like to say it has gone smoothly but it hasn't. I can also say it still has not become a habit. I still have those times when it is 9PM, I jump out of my skin and remember, I haven't taken my POTD for the day.

The whole picture taking thing has not been what I expected. At the very beginning, when it was in the thinking phase - I expected it would help me to take better pictures. By day 5, a photo of ANYTHING would do. It has turned out to be more of a picture journal than anything. I love taking these pics at the gas station - I have one in November when the price of gas was $2.18. While my skills haven't seen much improvement, I am delighted when I look back to see what any given day was like. Snow, kids playing, shopping or a birthday - it has been worth it just for those daily reminders. On those days when there were mulitple events, I pick the one that I need to remember the most.

There are a few pictures of food. Reminders that I was able to eat and how good that felt. Times with family and friends where food was not an issue but like the POTD, everyday brings something new. Originally when I had this problem in 1994 - after some testing the doctor said, " IT ( swallowing ) doesn't work so be careful when you eat". Sounded a bit strange but I have come to understand it completely. Have had some issues the last few days and it would appear, IT isn't working again.

I would love to feel sorry for myself but I can't. Being able to enjoy a taco, popcorn and a salad has been wonderful. If IT never works again, I am so ok. If IT does, that is great too. I could never imagine eating again and I did. I have experienced a miracle I never expected. Life gets no greater than this - I am truly blessed. Not sure how to do it but today's picture is of a grateful heart...