outstanding in his field...


My DD called this morning and Keaton was chosen as to receive the Citizenship of the Year award in his class. I was not surprised. His teacher thinks he hung the moon and she isn't even related to him. The rest of us already know about this spectacular kid. Funny, last year when he had the Worst Teacher Ever, he won it too. Even she recognized that he deserved it.
This is one amazing kid. Not just because he is mine. He is kind, he is eager to please, he helps at school. He spent the night and on Monday as we headed for town, there was a Memorial Day service going on and they just started to release the balloons as we waited for the light to turn green. I had Steve pull over and I whipped my camera out of my purse. Keaton asked about what was going on and we gave him the 411. He has always be sensitive to those who have passed away in the family. He talks endlessly about his great-grandfather,(on his dad's side) who he has never met but when he talks about him, it is as if, they are the best of buds.
If you look up kindness, goodness and love in the dictionary - you would see his picture. There is no other award he could when that could make me more proud. Given the choice, I would prefer to see him win citizenship over academics. Smart has it's own troubles - people put you down to make themselves feel good but the true character of any person is the ability to love. I can learn a lot from this kid - I hope some of him is rubbing off on me. He makes being Christ-like look so simple. In a field of love-wantabees, he is outstanding in his field.
It's a secret... Monday morning, we will all be at his school to honor him. He will have his own little cheerleading section and be showered with praise and a few prizes but we are the ones who are indebted to him. Great job, buddy. Thank you for showing me the way...