creative...



Sometimes there was a storm in her brain... One of my favorite quotes from my favorite jeweler, Sally Jean. How did she know that is how I operate????

That explains not only my creative process but my life process too. Had a great weekend - a little fun, a little picture taking, a little time for creativity and more picture taking. There were many storms in my brain this weekend and I didn't mind a bit.

I find that if I study areas of my life that I think may be not hold the Big Answers, not only am I wrong but I learn Something.

The Anatomy of a Layout...

This layout started out as lavendar with green flowers and color photos. Then I changed the photos to black and white - left everything else as it was. Then adding bling seemed like a good idea. Now I have to say there was probably 1/2 hour between all these revelations. My mind had to rest but with the gnawing going on the background, I knew we weren't done. When I decided that the bling was workable and would stay - I was happy, for a few minutes. Then I started playing with some actions and about the sixth one, I came up with this version and I was sold. No more play. The voices were silent.

Pretty much like my Real Life. I do not always have the luxury of time. Yesterday as we were in the car, as we passed the cemetary, they were having a celebration and released a group of balloons. I got my camera out and turned it out as fast as I could and snapped away. Sometimes, you only have seconds to decide on a kindness or word to a stranger. On very rare occasions, everything falls into place and it seems so easy. For a while, the storms pass...but we know they will come again but for now, the silence is quite nice...