DOF...


Depth of field... You know those photos you see where the background is blurry but the person or thing in front is crystal clear. I was practicing with my little point and shoot camera but not sure I got it. I think my focus is off. I need to focus on the front can and the last can should have a noticeable amount of blur. I also could have set my focus on the back can and the front one should have been blurry. That didn't happen either.
Back to the photo drawing board. This is all new to me and each time I try something - I learn either way. When I finally get the aperture theory and execution down, I will move on to shutter priority.
Aperture - an opening, a gap, hole or slit. an opening that limits the quantity of light that can enter. The hardest part of this aperture stuff is that the lower the fstop number the greater the opening. A f2.8 is a larger opening than a f11. As the numbers increase, the the availability of light decreases So taking the photo at a f2.8 will give you a very blurry background with a certain focus while the f11 will bring your entire photo into focus.
So today's lesson may not have yielded the results I hoped to see but I learned a little bit about life's aperture. Sometimes in life you need that bit of blur, maybe not seeing the faults of a loved one and sometimes you need to see clearly, no room for denial here. Need more practice in photography and Real Life...