Fourth of July...








The 4th of July is a mixture of the present and the past. It is a day that you could never fully explain to a person of another country. They would get the love of one's country but the 4th is so much more, the way we celebrate it.

We had a fabulous weekend. The parade on Saturday, then full board on Sunday. Family, fireworks and much fun. As I saw and watched the Big People filling water balloons, I took some family shots for the extended family. It was the right time, some of the families are in transition and for the our family matriarch, Gigi,the family matriarch she has cheated death more than once and we are just happy to have her here with us now.

The day ended as most 4th's do, with fireworks. I tried some new recipes for getting the shots I wanted (thank you Miss Katrina!) and was so kindly rewarded with a palm tree to soothe the California Girl in me. What a day!