making sense of faith...


The idea is that faith makes sense in the context of some other pursuit...If we think we are going to grow in faith by sitting around at a Bible study, we are wrong. That stuff is fine, but without a story, without diving into something really difficult, something that requires us to look to God for support and wisdom and comfort, it will be more difficult to become a person of great faithDonald Miller


My faith came to me in a instant. From zero to a gazallion, just like that. Don't remember asking for more faith because I was too busy asking questions but I must have. Never received any worthy answers sitting around at a bible study. If anything, that probably hurt my faith way more than it ever helped. All my doubts, all my questions - in a instant were gone. These days, I'm not much of a questioner of God. I was taught that God has a perfect plan for your life, if you choose it. If you don't, there is a second one but it is not as good - had you only picked better! That ship sailed in the Garden and this world we live in has some of the more horrible Stories, we each know our share of them. I have read that if you don't scream and yell at God, every once in a while, you are not a Real believer, and in my opinion, that is horsecrap. Every experience is different, every journey has its own trail. The worse stuff that has every happened to me, happened long before I had any kind of faith and I didn't question or beg God then. We always have the choice to walk away, no questions asked.

Need faith? Be ready to have it come at you from the most unlikely of places and until is does, relax - He knows. Just like love, don't go looking for it in all the wrong places...