sacrifice...




In less than 12 hours, the Story or Abraham, has crossed my path twice. In Bill Maher's movie, Religuloushe asked how anyone of sound mind could believe that ever really happened. This morning, Pastor Doug asked the questions, was Jesus or Abraham being tested?

Abraham, God said.
Yes, answered Abraham, I'm listening.

Take your dear son Isaac whom you love and go to the land of Moriah. sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains that I'll point out to you.
Genesis 22

I don't know about you but pretty sure, I am not that committed. From a purely sexist point of view, was there a reason that God tested a man instead of a woman...I digress. I have always said, I never would have been like Eve...I would have stayed away from THAT apple. Giving up my child as a sacrifice is something completely different.

I think we sugar coat God more than we would like to admit. We talk about God and Love but we are also told to fear Him. I have always thought of that kind of fear as respect not a cowering down. He says When, not If. Bad stuff is going to happen. You and me, we are going to be tested. Look around your life, I imagine you see it most every day. This is not the God we like to tell people about until they are rooted in their faith and sometimes, we don't want to talk about this side of God, at all.

Look Him straight in the face. He can take anything you can throw at Him. You do not have to defent Him to others. Simply pray, that God do to them, what He did for you. That is my prayer. For Bill Maher and a few others. It is powerful and I have no doubt will be answered. Tested doesn't feel so good but it is part of the package. Prepare to be included...