missed it by this much...



I love crop dusters and will follow them anywhere. As of last night, I have proved that I will follow them in 90 degree heat, with eggs and yogurt in the car.

Dh saw him first. He is frantically pointing and I am not seeing anything, Then, from behind the trees, here he comes. I jumped out of the car with my camera, thinking he was headed back my way. He wasn't.

DH drove and I was running down this unfamiliar country road, trying to figure out where he was going next. This is as close as I could get. He must have been at the end of his run. He slipped behind a cloud and never reappeared.

We did get to see him make some fantastic passes, low to the ground and as smooth as silk. This time would not be a picture perfect Moment. Wendy Aarons is so right - they are not all gems. Life is about, you get what you get and don't throw a fit. You don't always get to grab the golden ring, the sack isn't always filled with money. Sometimes, you miss the mark. One should always aim high but expect to miss the target, every once in a while.

The silver lining, the beauty of that plane. What a sight! Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...how dumb would that be?