gone...



“The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.” Elder Neal A. Maxwell.

We talk about it, worry about it and hope it is never happens to us. In five days, Miss Preslee went from being a vibrant little girl, doing her thing on earth to being in heaven with Jesus, She fought bravely but in the end, could not overcome a canal accident.

As I heard the news Friday night that she was gone, it gave me a reason to pause. Little did I know that less than 12 hours later, we would experience our own little piece of terror.

Yard Sale on Saturday and it was going nicely. I turned and asked where Morgan was and we all jumped up expecting to find her, right there. she was not. Mommy, daddy and the boys jumped to their feet and started calling her name. There was a boat load of people there at the time and all I could do i stand there. I yelled at Poppa, who was in another part of the yard to go check her bed. The day before she thought she was in trouble and I had to look for her. Found her under the covers in her bed. Had I not had that memory, I would have been long past scared and pretty much moved on to crazy.

Minutes went by and no one could find her.

When do I call 911?
Which one of these strangers took her and how did we miss it?

All these things go through your head.

Why did we have to have a yard sale and let anyone into our yard?

They could not find her. I started to panic. Too much time had gone by. This is the day our lives would change forever. I continue to hear her name being called, over and over and over. A involuntary chill, runs through me. Morgan, Morgan, Morgan is all I hear...

Finally, We found her!!!She was hiding in her bed, She had accidentally broke a vase as a customer was making the purchase and she thought she was in trouble.

I can't remember being this scared for a long time. I thought about Preslee's parents and how they hoped they would get their girl back all safe and sound but it was not to be. I understand how they feel. While I can not grasp their pain, this quote is where they are standing and I must admit, nothing could be more true. Gone in an instant...Could be any of us, at any Moment. Where your heart is, that is where your treasure is...