Gigi...



Talked a bit about Gigi yesterday but as I was going through the family shoot from the 4th, I remember what it is about her that we all love.

She is my SIL's grandma, the kids's great-grandma and even though there is no blood between us, I love her so. She loves Cherry Coke and had to limit her intake because it was causing her health issues. The last 8 years have been tough on her. Her heart stopped at church and she was down for almost a 1/2 hour so when the paramedics brought her back, there was brain damage. She is mostly her sweet self with a few new quirks and she is always happy to see us, even though you are never sure if she knows who you are. There are times she is complete lucid and other times, when confusion is her constant companion. When her daughter asked if I would take some family photos on the 4th, it was an automatic, yes. You see, one thing Gigi does not like and usually will not cooperate, is when it comes to having her picture taken. I always try to sneak in a picture or tow at family functions and she is almost as good at dodging me as Gage is. This day, she was as cooperative as she could be. Family and combination of families, picture after picture, she stayed right with us. Her health is failing and I am so glad we got some memories for her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren...and me. I kept a picture for myself.