summer, what up?



The 4th of July is over and so are four of our five summer birthdays. It was the same temperature when I got up as it will be when I go to bed. It is now the time for a long stretch of hot, followed by a unknown arrival of fall. If life was fair, we would have a long, long fall to make up for the poor excuse of summer that June was. Will have to wait and see.

My daughter informed me yesterday, we are moving to Naples, Florida. I understand her reasoning and am ready to go. Never having got use to winter, I am up for moving anywhere the snow don't blow. She has also told me it is very expensive and has been rather vague on our departure day. I am with her but I do need a bit of a heads up for planning and hammering out all the little details. That is just the way I roll...

In the event that a move is not imminent, must make contingency plans for staying. It is nice to dream, summer is the perfect time for it. Without all that other stuff in our heads, summer allows us to contemplate the what ifs of life at a greater depth than fall, winter or spring. Still on the Abraham thing, not all of it fabulous. It is difficult to accept your own flaws, Lord knows - I have had enought practice and should be excellent at it by now.

In the meantime, I will ready myself for the Naples experience...just in case and lap up all the sun I can. Summer, I love you so....