homeless in July...




It has been almost 8 months since I have seen a Salvation Army kettle yet the need never stops. A neighboring town is serving almost 40,000 lunches a day in numerous parks to anyone. We had them last year when they were right next to where we had swim lessons. A nice little meal, sometimes they even had a craft. I don't know where the funding comes from but I really don't care. It is the right thing to do.

Picking up a card for Keaton's birthday, a older woman had her cart blocking the isle and I said, Excuse me.She apologized and hurriedly tried to get her cart out of the way. No hurry, I said.

A few moments later, it was my turn to be in the way, As I apologized to her, without looking my way, she said, I am always in your way. As I watched the back of her head as she walked away, I knew this was a message and it wasn't from this little old lady.

While I haven't been ignoring the Big Man, his message was not lost on me. I am a planner and a realist. I know what can happen and how fast it can happen, be it good or not so good. I think I also can/do live in the Moment. This little message was just a little reminder to take my energy and focus it elsewhere. To get myself out of His Way and let him do His thing. He doesn't need me but He does allow me to take part in watching him work.

What a great God I have! Note to Him who has given me everything, You are never in my way. Thanks for the Love and bless the little messenger, Love zalaine.